The liberty university was established in 1971 as a private institution. With an undergraduate strength of over 11,500, it follows a semester-based academic system. The university ranks 65 on the list of the Best Colleges in the Regional Universities ranking. It has an average tuition fee of around $20,000.
The LU is located in University Boulevard, Lynchburg, Virginia.
One of the major features of liberty university is its highly selective acceptance of 24.6%.
The liberty university has a city setting and its campus is spread across 6,500 acres. The university is beautifully located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, an area that represents rich history, culture and a world of adventure activities. the range of recreational activities available to students include hiking, water skiing, kayaking, snow skiing, fishing, whitewater rafting, and snowboarding among others.
The A. Pierre Guillermin Library offers a variety of services and materials, and uses a group of highly qualified personnel including trained staff and librarians. The library is a member in state, local, national and regional library cooperative ventures. There are over a quarter million paperback volumes, 150,000 eBooks and 100,000 print and electronic periodical titles, and hundreds of electronic databases. Students can also take advantage of the library facilities through liberty university online access.
The liberty university has 61% of their students living in housing affiliated, run or owned by the university. This includes traditional residential halls, apartments and suites. The remaining 39% of the students live off the campus.
Student Life / Student Community
For students, Liberty University has always something going on beyond their academic life. There are hundreds of student organizations and unlimited volunteering opportunities. Students can get involved in a large number of social causes. All these additional activities give students the opportunity to unwind out of their hectic academic life.
The LaHaye Student Union draws the bulk of the students who love to exercise, while the Tilley Student Center is the perfect place for socializing.
In addition to liberty university online interaction facilities, there are many recreational activities that keep the students active. The range of activities includes waterskiing, white water rafting and horseback riding among others. In simple terms, there is something for everyone.
The liberty university has a student to faculty ratio of 25:1, which is relatively lower. Around 41% of the classes have lesser than 20 students. The freshman retention rate of 76.5% tells about the student satisfaction.
Best Courses: Health Professions, Business, Marketing, Management, Religious Studies, Philosophy, Leisure, Recreation, Parks, Psychology and Fitness Studies.
The average liberty university tuition fee is around $20,000. The expenses can cross $27,200 after including room and boarding.
Sources of funding
74% of the undergrads at Liberty University receive one or the other kind of need-based scholarship or grant. The average scholarship/grant offered is around $8,800.
“The liberty university offers a magnificent campus spread across 6,500 acres of beautiful landscape. It is located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and although academics is at the heart of its curriculum, there is much more life to be enjoyed here. The liberty university online facilities make life easier for students to get a lot of help with their academic pursuits.”
Interesting Facts about Liberty University
The liberty university has students from all around the world. Its 20% student population comprises of minorities and students from 95 countries. The university has students from all the 50 states in the U.S.
The liberty university bookstore allows students to procure all their study materials, apparel and accessories from one place.
There is a liberty university student portal that allows students to get access to a lot of online support and interaction with other students and faculty.
The liberty university athletics teams are also part of the NCAA I conference. The liberty university football team has strong representation in the varsity competitions.
Lynchburg, VA – 24502.
Read Other Colleges Reviews
- American University
- Biola University
- Boston University
- Carleton College
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Chapman University
- Clemson University
- Colorado State University
- Columbia Southern University
- Columbia University
- East Carolina University
- Georgia State University
- Grinnell College
- Hamilton College
- Haverford College
- James Madison University
- Marquette University
- Northeastern University
- Oakland University
- Palm Beach State College
- Pomona College
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- Temple University
- University of Oregon
- Wabash College
- West Chester University
- Westminster College
- Williams College