A creative essay is often chosen by admission boards to make up the personal statement aspect of a college application. Rather than testing your academic skills or having the expectation of formulaic piece of writing, a creative essay is designed to get you thinking – sometimes abstractly. It is often as much a test of your imagination as your communication skills. There are no right nor wrong answers to creative essays. Sometimes they pose a question, sometimes a discussion of a hypothesis, sometimes you are simply asked about things that have influenced you or give rise to certain emotions. They are designed to help your deliver the best personal statement.
- You Can Celebrate Sports from the Goal Line or The Stands
- Instant Communication is the Biggest Threat to Civility in Today’s World
- Which historical figure would you have a 1:1 with and why
- My idea for a You Tube video that would go viral is …
- If you were to change your name to a symbol (like Prince) what would it be?
- Where would you rather be instead of writing this essay?
- What would be the five things you would say to the US President?
- If you could univent one thing, what would it be?
- Who would you dedicate your autobiography to and why?
- What do you think Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking would talk about if they could meet?
- Describe a time you majored in “being fearless”
- When I look at the sky, I see…
- Send a tweet describing yourself. 140 characters allowed.
- Use your imagination. There is a blank sheet of paper in front of you.
- It is ok to be outraged. It is not ok to do nothing about it.
- A gift without meaning is no gift at all
- You can be rich in life without having any money
- Cultural appropriation is actually cultural appreciation
- The urge to flee is stronger thant the urge to fight
- If you designed a robot what wouldn’t you enable to do?
- What’s the matter with college?
- Essay writing is an outdated method of assessment
- Social media status has added a new dimension to society’s propensity to judge
- We are not alone in the Universe
- XXXXX is my favorite word
- Public figures face trial by media more than ever before
- Who is the most over-rated superhero and why
- How and why I got caught
- In the year 2025 …
- How do you explain love to a person that has never felt it? It is not like trying to explain what a smell is to a person with no nose?
- Life Lessons and Friendship
- With a Little Help from my Friend I Found my Way to the End
- Do musical instruments allow souls to express themselves?
- Striking the right note: exploring the piano
- Children Tried as Adults? What About Punishing The Parents?
- Juvenile Crime: is 15 the new 18?
- Essay writing? Or research curating? What’s the difference these days?
- The more you become angry, the more you need to
- Simplicity is as difficult as you make it
- Caught in the act? Or, trying to get caught?
- Is obesity a weighty issue or an issue of too much weight?
- Broken homes can create whole people
- Spoilt and well behaved vs. spoilt and misbehaving
- How can a cuddle save a life?
- Desire is the root of most evil
- Can I sleep myself happy?
- Naming a child is easier than naming a dog
- Why do broken windows on a house make other people think it is okay to break the others?
- How to lower the cost of a house with a hacksaw and rubber mallet